This is the second version of a 650b mountain bike from Ritchey – Tom started to design his first in 1977. Even back then, Tom had a feeling that there was an advantage to the "middle" wheel size, but it took the rest of the cycling world three decades to figure it out: a 650b (or 27.5") wheel provides the bump-eating smoothness of a 29er, with the light, responsive feel of 26" wheels. Finally, the era of the 650b wheel is here.
The P-650b is a close relative to the P-29er. Up front there's the proprietary forged-and-machined, gram-shaving integrated head tube featured on all new Ritchey frames. Forged socket dropouts and a new chainstay-mounted rear disc brake mount save a few more grams.
And like every frame Ritchey makes, geometry and tubing is carefully fine-tuned by Tom, to bring the legendary balanced, nimble Ritchey feel to 27.5-inch wheels.
- Weight: 2,028g for frame (L/17”)
- Ritchey forged-and-machined 1.5” tapered head tube
- Clearance for up to 2.25-inch tires
- Fork: Designed for use with 100mm travel forks
- Headset: Integrated 1.5” tapered
- Upper bearing: 41.8mm OD / IS42/28.6 (S.H.I.S.)
- Lower bearing: 52mm OD / IS52/40 (S.H.I.S.)
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm English threaded
- Rear spacing: 10x135
- Front derailleur: 28.6 low clamp – top or dual pull
- Weight: 2178g / 4.8 lbs (M/17”, frame only)
|Headset||Integrated 1.5" tapered|
|Bottom Bracket||68mm English|
|Fork Compatibility||100mm suspension|
* Subject to change without notice.